KAYAK HOOVER DAM EXPRESS
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Boulder City
- Product code: HOOVERDAMEXPRESS
Explore both sides of the Nevada-Arizona border while touring with Evolution Expeditions! The Kayak Hoover Dam Express tour enables access to same great geothermal experiences as on the Kayak Hoover Dam tour, while paddling a four mile stretch of the Colorado River and hiking three miles through a scenic slot canyon.
Be prepared to spot desert bighorn sheep, coyotes, falcons, bald eagles, and different types of migratory water fowl while paddling.
Upon coming ashore at White Rock Canyon, enjoy a complimentary healthy lunch! Then, let out on a three mile journey upward through an inspiring volcanic slot canyon where the express shuttle back to Las Vegas awaits.
The Express tour was designed for active participants whom do not have the entire day to spend on the river or have busy convention schedules that require an early return to the Las Vegas Strip. This tour is for advance paddlers and hikers.
Access to the Hoover Dam launch location is limited. Participant permits are secured on a first come, first service basis. Forty-five permits are issued each day by the National Park Service and sell out in advance. Advance booking is highly recommended. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION, as security personal managing the Hoover Dam launch site can deny access if identification is not available.
- Five hours (7:00am – 12:00pm)
- October-May; Tuesday-Saturday
- Permit included (ADVANCE BOOKING SUGGESTED)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Paddle distance: 4mi/6.4km
- Hiking distance: 3mi/4.8km
- Sauna cave
- Hot spring pools
- Wildlife viewing
- Complimentary bottled water, juice, & snacks
- Catered lunch
- Professional tour guide(s)
- Touring kayak with rudder
Complimentary Shuttle Service
Las Vegas Resort & Hotel pickup times vary and will be given upon confirmation of booking. Please be courteous to other participants and promptly show up on time at tour bus area or launch location provided on confirmation email. Please have your cellular phone on and available.
What to Bring
- Photo ID for adults 18 and over
- Hat, sunglasses, & sunscreen
- Water shoes (no flip-flops, lease)
- Layered clothing (swimsuit & layers for warmth & UV protection, preferably no cotton)
- Cash for souvenirs & tips