KAYAK HOOVER DAM & HOT SPRINGS HIKE
- Durata: 7 Ore (aprox.)
- Locatie: Boulder City
- Cod produs: HOOVERDAM
**Tour price does not include shuttle service (+$40)**
Kayak from the mighty Hoover Dam all year! Evolution Expeditions secures the necessary permit which provides a fish-eye view of the massive Hoover Dam from its base during its launch. The adventure starts with a descent down the original road carved into the canyon walls to create this colossal project of the 1930s. Kayak from the base of the Hoover Dam down the Colorado River, and through the Black Canyon. Steam inside the sauna cave and soak in geothermal hot spring pools hidden within side-canyons. Leap from the shoreline into the refreshing cool waters of the Colorado River at one of the several stops you will take along this adventure.
Be prepared to spot desert bighorn sheep, coyote, falcons, bald eagles, and different types of migratory waterfowl while paddling the twelve-mile stretch. Enjoy the beauty of Black Canyon, Emerald Cave, and history behind 1921 water gauging sites. This kayak tour is for beginners that are up for the challenge or more advanced paddlers that are never disappointed.
Our professional guides are knowledgeable in the history of the Black Canyon and the construction of the Hoover Dam, as well as the new Bypass Bridge. A catered lunch of your choice is included, along with bottled water, juice, and snacks.
Access to the Hoover Dam launch location is limited. Participant permit is secured on a first-come, first-served basis. Forty-five permits are issued each day by the National Park Service and sell out in advance. Advance booking is highly recommended! PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION, as security personnel managing the Hoover Dam launch site will deny access if identification is not available.
- Seven hours (7:00am – 2:00pm)
- Permit included (ADVANCE BOOKING SUGGESTED)
- Shuttle service (on a limited basis...please call our office for more details 702-259-5292)
- Paddle distance: 12mi/19.2km
- Wildlife viewing
- Sauna cave
- Hot spring pools
- Emerald Cave (small cut-out of the mountain, not a tunnel)
- Historical sites
- Bottled water, juice, & snacks
- Catered lunch (several selections)
- Professional tour guide(s)
- Touring kayak with rudder
Shuttle Service (on a limited basis...please call our office for more details 702-259-5292)
Las Vegas Resort & Hotel pickup times may vary and given upon confirmation of booking. Please be courteous to other participants and promptly show up on time at the tour bus area or launch location provided on the confirmation email. Please have your cellular phone on and available.
What to Bring
- Photo ID for adults 18 and over
- Hat, sunglasses,& sunscreen
- Water shoes, sandals, or old tennis shoes (no flip-flops or slides, please)..you will get wet up to your knees.
- Layered clothing (swimsuit & layers for warmth & UV Protection, preferably no cotton or denim)
- Camera/Phone for pictures
- Cash for souvenirs & tips (our guides never expect them, but always appreciate them)