- Duração: 7 Horas (Aproximadamente)
- Localização: Boulder City
- Código de produto: HOOVERDAM
Kayak from the mighty Hoover Dam all year! Evolution Expeditions secures the necessary permit which provides a fish-eye view of the massive Hoover Dam from its base during its launch. The adventure starts with a descent down the original road carved into the canyon walls to create this colossal project of the 1930s. Kayak from the base of the Hoover Dam down the Colorado River, and through the Black Canyon. Steam inside the sauna cave and soak in geothermal hot spring pools hidden within side-canyons. Leap from rock formations into the refreshing Colorado River at one of the several stops to explore the Colorado River Valley!
Be prepared to spot desert bighorn sheep, coyote, falcons, bald eagles, and different types of migratory waterfowl while paddling the twelve-mile stretch. Enjoy the beauty of Black Canyon, Emerald Cave, and history behind 1921 water gauging sites. This kayak tour is perfect for beginners to advanced paddlers.
Our professional guides are knowledgeable in the history of the Black Canyon and the construction of the Hoover Dam, as well as the new Bypass Bridge. Healthy gourmet lunch included, along with bottled water, juice, and snacks.
Access to the Hoover Dam launch location is limited. Participant permit is secured on a first-come, first-served basis. Forty-five permits are issued each day by the National Park Service and sell out in advance. Advance booking is highly recommended! PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION, as security personal managing the Hoover Dam launch site will deny access if identification is not available.
- Seven hours (7:00am – 2:00pm)
- The permit included (ADVANCE BOOKING SUGGESTED)
- Complimentary shuttle service ( on hold due to COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines)
- Paddle distance: 12mi/19.2km
- Wildlife viewing
- Sauna cave
- Hot spring pools
- Emerald Cave
- Historical sites
- Bottled water, juice, & snacks
- Catered lunch
- Professional tour guide
- Touring kayak with rudder
Complimentary Shuttle Service (on hold due to COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines)
Las Vegas Resort & Hotel pickup times may vary and given upon confirmation of booking. Please be courteous to other participants and promptly show up on time at the tour bus area or launch location provided on the confirmation email. Please have your cellular phone on and available.
What to Bring
- Photo ID for adults 18 and over
- Hat, sunglasses,& sunscreen
- Water shoes (no flip-flops, please)
- Layered clothing (swimsuit & layers for warmth & UV Protection, preferably no )
- Cash for souvenirs & tips