KAYAK BLACK CANYON
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Boulder City
- Product code: BLACKCANYON
Paddle through primitive volcanic canyon walls towering over 900’.
Explore giant volcanic boulders at the opening of Black Canyon where many paddlers contemplate a descent into the crystal clear, emerald waters of the Colorado River. Enjoy a health-conscious gourmet lunch on a remote beach, while enjoying the wildlife drama unfold on both Nevada and Arizona shorelines. Be prepared to see desert bighorn sheep, osprey, falcons, bald eagles, and great blue heron in their natural setting!
Black Canyon is a short distance from the Las Vegas Strip, located in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. The tour begins in the morning at 10:00am when you arrive at Willow Beach, Arizona.
Evolution Expeditions designed this tour for beginners to advanced paddlers alike.
- Four hours (10:00am – 2:00pm)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Paddle distance: up to 6mi/9.6km
- Emerald Cave
- Historical sites
- Wildlife viewing
- Complimentary bottled water, juice, & snacks
- Catered lunch included
- Professional tour guide(s)
- Touring kayak with rudder
Complimentary Shuttle Service
Las Vegas Resort & Hotel pickup times vary and will be given upon confirmation of booking. Please be courteous to other participants and promptly show up on time at tour bus area or launch location provided on confirmation email. Please have your cellular phone on and available.
What to Bring
- Hat, sunglasses, & sunscreen
- Water shoes (no flip-flops, please)
- Layered clothing (swimsuit & layers for warmth & UV protection, preferably no cotton)
- Cash for souvenirs & tips